Escape the Sizzling Heat with Teatulia Iced Tea!
Iced tea is a very popular beverage in America. Recent data suggests that 85% of all tea sold is iced! Iced tea is a great alternative to soft drinks or anything else with unnatural juices or flavor additives. And apparently, iced tea is growing in popularity in the rest of the world as well – even in China and Japan where drinking hot tea is such an important tradition. Nonetheless, the United States remains the iced tea capitol.
But Americans continue to be stumped by how to make their own iced tea. It is super easy. Here are a few options for brewing up some tasty tea as a refreshing beverage or mixed drink base, summer style!
1. Brew your hot tea as usual and pour over ice.
If this dilutes your tea too much, then chill the hot tea first (in the fridge, or just let it sit) before pouring over ice.
2. Make a concentrate and dilute.
Brew your tea using a higher ratio of tea to water than usual. Dilute the concentrate as you are ready to enjoy it. Concentrate can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready for use.
3. Cold brew. Put your standard tea bags into a container of cold water, put in the fridge over night. Enjoy.
Since no heat is applied to the tea, no (or fewer) tannins are extracted from the leaves resulting in an unbelievably smooth and refreshing beverage.
4. Sun tea. Not recommended.
- 1 Teatulia pyramid tea bag per 12 ounces of water.
- 10 Teatulia pyramid tea bags per gallon of water.