Tea Deviled Eggs
(submitted by Tea Magazine)
Top Chef host Padma recommends making your deviled eggs extra fancy this year by using traditional Chinese marbled tea eggs.
- Hard-boil the eggs in using your usual technique.
- Steep strong Teatulia® black tea and add star anise and soy sauce to taste.
- Carefully roll the eggs on the counter, gently cracking them all over, but keeping the shells on.
- Place the eggs in the tea mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Gently peel the eggs to reveal a spectacular cracked marble appearance.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and put the yolks in a bowl. Mash them with other ingredients to your liking and refill the halved whites for a more elegant deviled egg.