Peach Smash with Fresh Mint & White Tea
There is nothing better than a juicy, end-of-summer, Colorado peach straight off a Palisade peach farmer’s truck. Except maybe if that succulent peach is paired with white tea and bourbon to make a refreshing summertime cocktail. The perfect sweet treat.
Made from the youngest and most rare parts of the tea plant, Teatulia®'s white tea is a medium-bodied brew that is delicate yet robust and totally satisfying. The notes of white flowers, peach blossoms, and nectarine in the tea pair beautifully with the sweetness of fresh peaches and the hints of oak and caramel in a really good, barrel-aged bourbon.
This Peach Smash and White Tea Cocktail is featured in our new recipe book, Tea Cocktails: A Mixologist’s Guide to Legendary Tea-Infused Cocktails. As you’ll discover if you try this cocktail or others from the book, it’s fun to explore the flavors of tea beyond the teacup.
Makes 2 cocktails
For honey simple syrup:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 to 2 pyramid tea bags (or 1 to 2 teaspoons) loose leaf Teatulia White Tea
- 1 ripe peach, cut into slices
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon honey simple syrup
- 4 ounces bourbon
- Prepare honey simple syrup: Mix honey and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve honey. Remove from heat and let cool completely before using. You won’t need the whole amount for these two cocktails. Store the rest in a covered glass container in the refrigerator for up to a month. Use to sweeten other cocktails or iced tea.
- Brew and chill tea: Brew 1 to 2 tea bags in 8 ounces (about 1 mug) water for about 3 minutes. (Use 2 tea bags if you want a slightly stronger tea flavor.) Discard tea bag(s), let tea cool to room temperature, then place tea in refrigerator to chill.
- Prepare cocktails: Set aside 2 peach slices and 2 mint leaves for garnish. Divide remaining peach slices, mint leaves, and lemon juice between 2 cocktail glasses and muddle slightly to mash the peaches. Add 2 ounces of the brewed, chilled white tea to each glass. Then divide ice, honey simple syrup, and bourbon between the glasses, and mix. Garnish glasses with reserved peach slices and mint leaves.