Peppermint Gin Fizz Tea Cocktail
The secret to a creating the classic creamy top on a gin fizz is to shake, shake, shake…then shake some more. This cheater version uses a blender to accomplish the task quickly, without a cocktail shaker. This one has a refreshing tea twist, too, because it’s flavored with strong-brewed peppermint tea. The egg white is optional, but highly recommended. Without it your cocktail will still be fizzy, but it won’t get that signature creamy top.
Recipe created for Teatulia by Tea Foodie.
Makes 2 large or 4 small cocktails
- 2 pyramid tea bags Teatulia Peppermint Tea
- 1/2 cup just boiled water
- 3 oz. gin
- 1 egg white (optional)*
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 3 to 5 springs fresh mint
- Handful of ice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus 2 to 4 lemon slices for garnish
- Sparkling water
- Steep tea bags in the just boiled water until the brew is room temperature, about 15 min.
- Pour the strong-brewed tea into a blender. Add gin, egg white (if using), lemon juice, powdered sugar, leaves from 1 sprig of mint, and a handful of ice.
- Blend on high for at least one minute; this will help lots of froth develop for the creamy top.
- Pour into 2 tall highball glasses or 4 small champagne or martini glasses.
- Top each with sparkling water to create the “fizz”.
- Garnish each cocktail with a lemon slice and a sprig of mint.
*Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase risk of foodborne illness. To mitigate the risk, use pasteurized eggs.