Hibiscus Berry Simple Syrup
If you're into cocktails (like we are) you know that simple syrup is a common ingredient used to balance and sweeten your spirited concoctions. Many of our tea cocktail recipes call for making an easy tea-infused simple syrup by steeping any one of our Teatulia Organic Teas® in a mix of boiling water and sugar or honey.
You can use just about any type of tea for an infused simple syrup. We especially love this recipe that uses one of our iced tea brewing packs. It yields a very flavorful, berrylicious syrup that’s perfect for cocktails, mocktails, or even stirred into yogurt.
Hibiscus Berry Simple Syrup Recipe
Recipe created for Teatulia® by Tea Foodie.
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 oz.) portion pack tea bag Teatulia Hibiscus Berry Iced Tea
Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Once boiling, add portion pack tea bag and reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, discard tea bag and let syrup cool to room temperature before using. Store in a sealed container at room temperature. Use within a month.
- A key ingredient in our Hibation Libation cocktail.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to 8 oz. of sparkling water, top with ice, and garnish with mint for a pretty, non-alcoholic mocktail.
- Stir ¼ to ½ cup into 1 gallon of brewed Teatulia Black Iced tea to sweeten with a tart, berry flavor.
- Use to sweeten and flavor morning bowls of yogurt and granola, afternoon cups of tea, or party pitchers of sangria.